Submitted by owner on
When you install Mozilla Firefox, the game icons on the Windows 10 desktop from Steam and the Epic Games Store may change to the default red panda theme:
To restore them to their original form, you need to change the application registered to open .url files.
- open the Settings Windows 10 (keyboard shortcut + [ I ])
- choose Apps > Default apps
- at the bottom you will find the Choose default applications by file type command; locate the .url extension
- click the Firefox icon and choose Internet Browser
- a general Internet browser should be registered with the .url extension before closing the window
When you close the window, the icons on the desktop will be “fixed”.